Update (3 October 2014): Please note the application period for this role has now closed.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, committed, and commercially minded individual to join our vibrant travel team as a web content writer / editor. No experience is necessary although a demonstrable interest in travel journalism will help your case.
More than anything, we’d like to see your ability to create interesting and innovative high-quality content that could be used in a range of digital marketing channels.
– creating a content strategy for a portfolio of travel-related websites based on the trends and SEO requirements.
– updating existing content and writing news stories, blog posts, articles, newsletters, and other material for websites and social media channels. Involves uploading content to live sites via a CMS, or WordPress.
Management of outsourced copy writers
– liaising with existing freelance writers and building new lasting relationships; editing and proofreading copy submitted by freelancers.
– Use google keyword tool / news events to find topics to write about, analysing performance of content in terms of links gained, social shares / followers, traffic, income generated. Ensure content is well SEO optimised.
Social media marketing
– creating, managing and growing the company’s presence through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn.
Your Qualifications and Skills
– Strong written communication skills, organised, self-motivated, and a good team player;
– Demonstrable record of content creation and publishing (please provide some examples);
– Proven ability to manage multiple tasks, priorities and projects simultaneously and with a positive can-do attitude;
– A 2:1 or higher degree in English or Journalism;
– Some knowledge of Google products (Drive, Analytics, Double Click for Publishers, Google AdWords etc.) and SEO / content marketing techniques would be useful, but not essential as training will be provided.
£18,000 p.a. salary with up to 10% pension contribution;
Additional Google Analytics qualification training and on-site SEO workshops;
Plus regular company socials, free fruit and drinks, casual dress code, flexible working hours and use of fast computer hardware – Apple iMacs / Mac Minis with big screens.
21 August 2014
£18,000 per annum