Fubra is expanding the team at our Aldershot office. We’re growing in order to accelerate the development of our existing products and give us the ability to get some exciting new ideas quickly to market. We are looking to hire a talented Development Manager to inspire, lead and run the development team as well as assist us in growing the department through additional hires.
We’re looking for an experienced lead developer looking to progress their career into management, who can liaise with the company’s product owners and other stakeholders and manage a team of talented full stack developers to ensure that business requirements are met on time and to specification.
This is not a purely technical position but it is a hands-on role working directly on projects while overseeing the team and work schedules. You will be the company’s go-to web development expert and an advocate for new technical solutions, while being sensitive to the business and its customers’ required outcomes. You will be met with challenges, opportunities and excitement daily, managing strong existing brands and bringing new concepts to market.Technologically we’re looking for the following
- Experience of working with CMS systems, specifically WordPress as a CMS.
- Exposure to both back-end and front-end frameworks, such as Zend and Zurb.
- Hands-on experience of interacting with web-based APIs.
- An understanding of agile methodologies.
- Ability to learn quickly and effectively apply new knowledge, demonstrating the desire to stay in touch with emerging technologies.
- Great organisation and time management skills, both personally and on a team level in order to build work schedules from business requirements.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills with flexibility to tailor language to both engineers and less technical stakeholders.
- Collaborates well in a team environment.
- Strong practical problem-solving skills.
- Excellent powers of persuasion and reasoning, without stubbornness or fixed preconceptions.
- Confidence working with team collaboration and project management tools such as Slack and GitHub.
- Amazon Web Services, specifically containers and serverless technologies.
- Experience administering MySQL-esque database servers, Apache, Nginx and similar web technologies.
- Knowledge of mobile app development.
- An open mind, but also opinions and a willingness to express them.