Digital Marketing Apprentice (closed)
Update (12 June 2015): Please note the application period for this role has now closed.
Fubra, a travel and consumer guide publisher based in Hampshire, is looking for two enthusiastic, creative and self-motivated individuals to join our team as digital marketing apprentices.
Working closely with content, product, SEO and development teams apprentices will learn how to promote websites using the latest marketing techniques.
Fubra Limited is an Internet publisher based in Aldershot, Hampshire, managing a network of over 100 websites covering areas such as price comparison, travel, property, jobs and motoring.
We provide advertising opportunities to many well-known brands across our portfolio of sites, and specialise in building comparison tools and apps helping consumers save on travel, fuel and car hire.
Our flagship site is Airport Parking Shop which compares airport parking prices from over 400 car parks at 32 UK airports and ferry ports. The apprentices would also be involved in promoting Car Hire Centre, World Airport Codes and a network of independent airport guides.
The main purpose of the role will be to promote the business through online partnerships (links), social media and other digital marketing channels. Some examples of the types of activities you will perform are as follows:
Link Building / Content Marketing
- Market research of competitors
- Link building / email outreach campaigns
- Drafting email templates
- Setting up online link partnerships
- Making phone calls and responding to enquiries, and logging them in our CRM systems
- Run marketing campaigns
- Preparation of marketing material
- Set up and implement email marketing campaigns
- Draft copy for digital marketing communications
- Content creation (infographics, blog posts, guest blogging)
- Conduct market research
- To assist colleagues in delivering digital marketing plans and activity for projects and campaigns
- SEO activities to increase website traffic
- Build followers and increase engagement across all social media platforms
- Develop new ideas to promote the business using social media/websites
- Advertising and promotion through social media platforms
- Analyse and report data with Google Analytics
- Follow up and analysis of campaign results
- Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant management information
Your qualifications and skills
- 5 GCSEs grade A-C, with at least a C in English and Maths
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Able to work as part of a team
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Punctual and reliable
- Highly motivated and have the drive to succeed
- Keen to learn and develop new skills/knowledge
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong copywriting skills
- We are looking for a candidate that wants a career in Digital Marketing
- A commitment to learn and work hard. Self-motivated with a focus on results.
As part of the apprenticeship you will study for a City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Digital Marketing. View the Qualification Factsheet here and the Qualification Handbook here (both open as .pdf files).
The apprenticeship program lasts 12 months and includes five study weeks and workshops that will teach the fundamental principles of social media marketing and search engine optimisation.
This is the second year Fubra is taking on Digital Marketing apprentices. If you’d like to see what our two previous apprentices got up to in 12 months here at Fubra, we strongly recommend you read their testimonials.
- £200 per week salary (£10,400 per year) and 28 days holiday per year (including Bank Holidays);
- Fully paid apprenticeship training and additional on-site SEO training workshops;
- Opportunity for a full-time position at the end of the 12 month apprenticeship;
- Plus regular company socials, free fruit and drinks, casual dress code, flexible working hours and use of fast computer hardware – Apple iMacs / Mac Minis with big screens.
Date advertised: 20 May 2015
Closing date for applications: 12 June 2015
Location: Aldershot, Hampshire